FMQAI:ESRD NETWORK 18
"To provide leadership and assistance to renal dialysis and transplant facilities in a manner that supports continuous improvement in patient care, outcomes, safety and satisfaction.
We are one of 18 Networks throughout the United States sponsored by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid to provide service and support to ESRD providers, patients and their families. We do so by:
- Developing standards to improve patient care
- Providing educational resources for patients, families and renal professionals
- Promoting vocational rehabilitation to help patients remain working or return to the work force
- Supporting facilities and staff in resolving patient care issues
- Assisting in resolving patient complaints
- Collecting and reporting ESRD statistics"